Monday, December 13, 2010

"I will not waste my time clarifying about Siddharth"


In the city to witness the trailer of her upcoming film 'Anaganaga Oo Dheerudu', a fantasy film directed by veteran director K Raghavendar Rao's son Prakash Kovelamudi under Walt Disney production, Shruti Haasan is clearly excited. The first look of this film in which Shruti plays Priya, a gyspy fortune teller has got rave reviews. Shruti says the initial response to the trailers of this movie which happens to be her debut as actress in Telugu is more than what she could have asked for.

"Though I acted in this movie, I didn't watch the trailers until now. I just watched it with everyone else and I am equally shocked and it surpasses my expectation. I read the script and liked it immediately when I was offered this film. I am a great fan of graphic novels and since the movie was being directed by Prakash who has the lineage of his father K Raghavendar Rao and stars Siddharth and Laxmi Manchu in the film, I knew this was something special. My charecter has lot of transitions and versatile. Every charecter in this film has prominence and scope to perform.No charecter in this film is big or small and I am so happy to have been a part of a cinema that the country can be proud of" she says with eyes filled with excitement.


Did she research on the charecter or fortune tellers before she went on sets?

"I am not a method actor. I know my dad is and Siddharth who is my costar in this film too is methodical and do a lot of research. But I didn't do any on fortune tellers.I think if you have a good charecter, script, director and co-star, it becomes easy to give a performance the charecter demands and takes you to a different world. I am spontaneous. The outfits and the sets bring in that feel subconciously on ou minds."

This movie will mark her entry into Kollywood too as this movie will be dubbed into Tamil.She claims that as long as money is spent well and film makers give value for money, big budget films do well.

" There are lot of movies on which money is spent but when you watch it you don't know where the money went in the visuals.I believe any business is ready for those who are going to push the boundaries and show business is no exception. It is a visual splendour and family entertainer. If I was asked where I would put my money, I would do that on movies like this"

The film with powerful visual effects, fantasy charecters, wizards and witchcrafter charecters, she says makes for an exciting viewing pan India as good movies don't transcend language barriers.

"Cinema is a powerful medium and when I watch Japaneese or French movies, I dont understand the lines yet understand the story.Movies are like music and they don't need language to understand.This film more so is visually stimulating and exciting which is an advantage. Besides, God bless subtitles."


Rumours are rife that she is seeing her co-star Siddharth and are found going around publlicly in the city too often. Is there something more than it meets the eye?

"It is a part and parcel of our job and I take it with a pinch of salt. Siddharth is a very dear friend of mine.For people to speculate on our relationship, I wouldn't want to waste my time on clarifying on it when I am so happy with the trailers of the film."
Quick Reply

No comments:

Post a Comment