Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Reporter's diary: An attempt to bribe me.

My first tryst with Tollywood's corruption was shocking. I went to interview actor Sushanth today. He was all fine and the interview was great. I was done with it in 45 minutes. As I bid bye to him and stepped out of his Srinagar colony office, a media manager walked up to me. He said he wants to talk to me and wanted me to wait downstairs.

I thought he wanted to seriously tell me something. As I went down, he came running behind with a cover.He told me it had Rs 5000. I asked him what is it for?

He told me in a typical shy style " friendship".

I was flabberghasted and told him that I am not in this profession to make money. I warned him not to offer anything to me ever again if he wishes his stars interviews to be published in our newspaper. He had a filmi look with an expression of adoration and shock.
I would never forget this attempt to bribe on me ever.

2 comments:

  1. Great job, my dear young man. Once you take money from someone, particularly politicians and film personalities, you will become their slave.
    Thanks a lot for publicly highlighting the issue.

    Syed Akbar
    Hyderabad

    ReplyDelete
  2. prashanth u proved urself once again congrats keep it up - kavitha, reporter tv9

    ReplyDelete