Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Telugu Payya , Tamil superstar !!!


Bilingual movies are the toast of Tollwyood currently. And basking in the success of this trend is actor Vishal Krishna Reddy, a big name in the Tamil industry, who has managed to wow the local audiences too with his act in Pistha. This son of veteran Tamil producer G.K. Reddy, who is 12-movies-old, says his career is in a happy place now.


“I never thought my movie will do this well here. Earlier, my flicks were dubbed in Telugu from Tamil. But it was my dad’s dream that I act in a Telugu film since we are from Andhra Pradesh. Bilinguals seem to be the perfect success-formula for me. From Salute to Pistha, all my movies have been great hits here,” says Vishal.


The actor may have tasted great success in Tamil Nadu, but he is aiming at making it big in Tollywood. “I am already enjoying the fact that my films are doing well in both the states. But now, I have plans of expanding my Telugu career by working with Telugu directors as Tollywood is one of the biggest industries,” he says.


With his eyes set on Telugu film industry, this Chennaite plans to stay in the city for three months working on his Tollywood career. And he is definitely not complaining as he claims this is one way for him to visit his home town Rajahmundry. “We went on my movie’s success tour to my native place and it felt great. The last time I went there was when I was a child. The whole experience was nostalgic and everyone welcomed me warmly,” he recollects.


The actor may have many movies in his kitty, thanks to his ability to play a hero that the masses can relate to, but the he inisists that he doesn’t want to be stereotyped. “Being a mass hero certainly helps in getting good collections, but I don’t want to have one particular ‘image’. I am trying to do as many different roles as possible. I am playing a lover boy in my next film which is going to be very different from all the tough-boy roles I’ve played,” he says.


What’s more, Vishal has been making news not just for his films, but for the six-pack abs he sports that made audiences sit up and take notice. “I don’t mind even baring it all if the director asks me to do so,” he quips.His film career may be going great guns, but the actor reveals that he always aspired to be a film director. Acting happened “accidentally”. “I was so inspired after watching Ram Gopal Varma’s film Shiva that I contacted him. I even managed to bag an apprenticeship with him. But my mom didn’t allow me to leave home and fly to Mumbai. Then eventually, I got an acting offer. If I had taken up RGV’s offer, I would have been a director by now,” he quips.

No comments:

Post a Comment