Saturday, August 22, 2009

Kamilini thinks its time for skin show!!


She may be Bengali by birth, but Kamalini Mukherjee is one actress who always played the role of a homely Telugu ammayi to the tee. However, tired of the “sari-clad” roles she has been essaying, Kamalini is now all set to shed her “goody two shoes” image for an edgier, more glamorous look.
Blaming her typecast image on the role of the good girl she played in her debut Anand, Kamalini says, “My role in Anand has definitely given me great fame, but both the audience and the filmmakers have typecast me in that one character. It is a great responsibility and is also tiring to live up to that image of the character. Because of this role, I never got to play any glamorous roles. I have only played characters that don’t have negative shades. The few different films I have done like Bramhanandam Drama Company and some others either never saw the light of day or weren’t successful. I’m so bored of miss goody two shoes and I’m conscious about the roles I pick up.
With a new perspective in place, the actress is ready to experiment with a new look too. Kamilini, who is all for “skin show” and “size zero” says,
“It is nice to see that young actresses today are able carry themselves so well, be it in a saree or a swimsuit. I am ready to sport a glam look if the story demands it. Actors are a reflection of what’s happening in the world and you have to keep up with the trends today.”
With her Tollywood career too looking up, the actress who has a couple of films in her kitty insists that she won’t do any more blink-and-miss cameos, which she was getting famous for.“I won’t do any more guest roles since I’m focussed on my upcoming films. But if my friend Shekar Kammula offers me a guest role, I can’t refuse. In his film Happy Days, I did a cameo as a lecturer as it was an integral part of the story. In my next movie Police Police, I am doing a cameo again, but my character marks the turning point in the film, says Kamalini.
In fact, critics claim that Kamalini’s scarcity of films is because she always stuck to the Shekhar Kammula camp. “I don’ t stay in Hyderabad and I am not aware of any camps in the industry. I only choose my films based on the role I will be playing and its importance in the story. I have refused many movie offers with big stars and directors because I didn’t like the role they offered me,” she defends.
When she is in Hyderabad, the actress hangs out with her “few” buddies from the industry. “Shekhar Kammula, Sumanth and Sharwanand are my good pals. I’m not an extrovert and I’m not seen out too often, I like to keep to myself,” she adds.

No comments:

Post a Comment