Monday, November 30, 2009

T'wood stars on a blogging mode

" Hey guys... just started shooting in Hyderabad again... feels great to be back...,” reads a recent post from actor Ram’s blog on the website http://www.heroram.com/. The actor, who has discovered the joys of blogging a la Aamir Khan and Big B, says this was the only way he could reach out to his fans.


“When I tuned into a radio station in Vijayawada, I heard an RJ talk about how she is in touch with me on Facebook. Fact is, I am not on any social networking site. I realised that the only way to clear the air is by starting a virtual space of my own.”
From talking about their everyday schedules and throwing in their two cents worth on burning issues to dispelling rumours, Tollywood actors are in a confessional mood these days. And the horde of interactive blogs and websites by them are testimony to their newfound need to express.


Lakshmi Manchu, producer, TV host and daughter of actor Mohan Babu, says, “I remember my dad had a man who replied to his fan mails. He also sent them autographed pictures. I learnt from my dad the importance of keeping in touch with fans. I respond to most emails. Since I have my own website and blog as well, everyone can get in touch with me.”

For most stars, it is the need to get feedback from the audience that drives them to blog. Sharwanand says, “Fans post comments on what they liked or disliked in my films. The feedback is honest and I value it.”


Many others use their blogs as a tool to publicise causes that matter. Actor Kamal Kamaraju, says, “I started a blog to spread awareness on HIV/AIDS. I also have another blog where I update people on my everyday life. It’s my online journal and I also upload my paintings there.” Actor Daggubati Rana couldn’t agree more. “My blog is a powerful medium to voice my opinions. Through this platform, I also get to read opinions of people outside the film industry. It is a tool which helps me stay connected with my fans.”

No comments:

Post a Comment