Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Manchu Vishnu-most honest actor I have ever met.

Call it the afterglow of marital bliss or his need to re-establish himself after a spate of flops, but Vishnu Manchu is geared up to to wow audiences with an all new look and a new perspective to match. Back on the big screen after a hiatus of one year, the actor is treading cautiously now.



“After Dee went on to become a super hit, I thought my next film, Krishnarjuna, will strengthen my position in Tollywood, but it bombed. Now I’ve become choosy. The audience doesn’t give you too many chances,” says Vishnu, who is busy showing off his fit look in his film Saleem.

“I put on a lot of weight as my earlier characters demanded it. But everyone started calling me fat and I decided to prove them wrong. Now I’m back in shape,” he quips.Vishnu has more than one reason to be excited about his comeback. In Saleem, he will be seen fighting against his dad, Mohan Babu, who plays a baddie.


“It is tough to act with a man of his stature. I had to constantly fight for my screen presence and I knew that we’d inevitably be compared every time we are in the same frame. I learnt a lot too. My dad is punctual and disciplined, even though he’s a prankster,” says Vishnu.

It doesn’t take long for the actor to veer away from all subjects related to his work and start talking about his wife, Viranica. Touted to be the ‘Abhi-Ash’ of Tollywood, the very-much-in love couple who have been married for a year now, are spotted at every event together.
“For three years when we were seeing each other, I had to hide Vinni from the world. I used to steal time in between my schedules to meet her. But after we got married, I wanted to give her all my time,” says Vishnu. In fact, Viranica has taken an active interest in his professional life too.

“The credit for my new look goes to Vinni, who designs costumes for me. She has good taste and ever since she has been styling for me, I’ve been receiving many compliments,” says the proud husband. Vishnu is quite the proud sibling too. His younger brother Manoj, is considered more successful of the two. Vishnu however, claims there is no bad blood between them,

“The audience will compare us, but the industry is a large one and every one can have their share here. Manoj is a brilliant actor and I regard him as my only competition in the industry.”

No comments:

Post a Comment