Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The only South star at IIFA-Colombo


Actress Seiya, who played the lead in Nenithe starring Ravi Teja and one of the leads in the multistarrer, Vedam, is making her presence felt at IIFA Awards in Colombo, despite the boycott from the South Indian Film fraternity.


The only South star in IIFA says, “I was invited by the organisers to represent the South industry. Only after coming to Colombo I was told of the boycott by the other South stars. I don’t understand this demarcation. We all belong to the film fraternity and I like it that way. I don’t think I am doing anything wrong by attending IIFA.”


But not wanting to receive flak for her decision, Seiya is quick to add. “I am not performing here. Moreover, my dad, who is into theatre, has Bollywood connections which is also another reason why I am here.”

No comments:

Post a Comment