Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Plastic hero on experimental mode!!



Fans call him fantastic, detractors say he’s plastic but seven years (and some cosmetic surgeries) after his debut, you have to admit, Allu Arjun has a niche. A commercially viable star, Bunny as he is fondly called, just starred in Vedam, touted to shatter the typical commercial Telugu formula. Arjun says he acted in this multi-starrer hoping to create a new facet to parallel Telugu cinema, “Last year, all the Tamil hits didn’t follow the typical four-fights-five-songs formula. My heart will always beat for commercial cinema but there is a need for T’wood to create a new segment to create new audiences. Bollywood had Om Shanti Om and A Wednesday and both were hits. It’s imperative to foster that sort of movie making culture in Tollywood.”

His popularity in Malayalam had him christened ‘Mallu Arjun’. Apparently, he’s set his sights on the Tamil film industry. He nods, “I am talking to Tamil filmmakers. I would like to be popular in all the South Indian languages.”

In an attempt to focus on the quality of his films, Bunny is working in only two films a year. He reinvents himself for each film and while he’s currently learning martial arts from Vietnamese experts, he has also been practising the art of lip-locking if his last three films are anything to go by. Inspired by Kamal Haasan? “Every kiss in my movie is justified,” he chuckles, “All the lip-locks were imperative, the story wouldn’t have taken a new turn if the heroine kissed me on the cheek!”
Despite being the senior actor, Arjun maintains that his cousin (and Chiranjeevi’s son) Ram Charan Tej will always be number one to his number two. “I know I’m not the best dancer or actor and there are many who are more talented. I am what I am today because Chiranjeevi supported me. There is no competition between Charan and me. My position will remain after Charan” he says in filmy style.



refutes rumours of ego hassles with Manchu Manoj on Vedam (apparently forcing Manoj to be credited as a ‘special appearance’), “I don’t have an attitude at all. Manoj and I have no issues; we gave interviews together. I did Vedam to break the perception that heroes clash during multi-starrers.”



Rumoured to be getting hitched soon, Arjun confesses that the lookout for his bride is on, “Because my parents and I are looking for all the same qualities in a girl, I am sure we will find my bride soon. Marriages don't work on deadlines and I will get married when I get a suitable girl.”

No comments:

Post a Comment