Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Vivek Oberoi promotes for RC week before his wedding



Just a week left for his wedding and Vivek Oberoi in his 'moustache' look is in the town busy promoting for his movie 'Raktacharitra' with RGV as the director.Eight years after the duo's movie 'Company' brought Vivek to limelight, he feels this movie now will go beyond the magic created by Company.



"It has been eight years since 'Company', my first movie released for which Ramu was the director. Ever since I have done 22 films and Ramu has directed many and we grew in this profession. This should obviously reflect that experience and cross the milestone created by Company, besides RC has far more wider emotional spectrum than Company" says the actor whose last few movies 'Prince', Kurbaan' et al bombed at the box office.



He maintains that there are very few films in his filmography which he is proud of and Paritala Ravi's charecter 'Pratap Ravi' in RC will certainly be one of them. Has he managed to read, research or visit Anantapur to know more about Ravi?"I went by what Ramu told me about Paritala. He was an extraordinary man who fought for the rights and justice of his people and went against the system. I watched his videos and pictures to learn his body language. I grew my moustache for the charecter and had to shave it off in between for promotion of Prince and grew it again after 45 days. Twirling my moustache has sort of become a habit for me now and am proud of the charecter I have played in this film. I had to shoot the movie in Hindi, Telugu and Tamil" Oberoi says with the confidence of bouncing back after series of flops. But what went wrong for Vivek in the last few films?



"Art is not a product which is even in all its occurences. All the paintaings of the popular painter or all the novels of the best writer may not be good. Cinema is another expression of art where a few charecters work and a few don't" he smiles. All set to tie knot to Priyanka Alwa in Bengaluru next week, the actor blushes talking about his fiance. He says Priyanka has brought stability into his life and she is 'home' for him now. Though he is not looking forward to a break immediately to go on a honeymoon as the second part of the Raktacharitra will release next month, he says this is a biggest test of his professionalism.



"Like Ramu ji said, I got married to Raktacharitra first and am fulfilling my committement towards it before I move on to my real life commitment.Marriage for me like for anyone else is the biggest milestone of my personal life. I wanted to enjoy every aspect of the marriage and the ceremonies but since it is sandwitched between the releases of two parts of Raktacharitra. It was difficult for me I am finding it to be the biggest test for my professionalism. Life for me has been a constant roller coaster ride and I have been like all other actors, under constant storm, evaluation, acceptance, rejection, judgement for my performances and opinions. Life of actor is brewing all the time for good, bad and ugly.Priyanka has brought stability and calm to me and is my home now. She is my partner, friend and is also my refugee." he talks with eyes filled with content as if he were reading a poem.



Vivek who was all praise for 'Magadheera' can't stop raving about the dedication and professionalism shown in Tollywood, something he says is absent in Bollywood.This Hyderabadi born actor who left the city at the age of three hopes the audience in the city and the state accept him in the role.



"When I was shooting for this movie near Charminar, huge crowd gathered to see the shooting and they were screaming 'Hyderabad ka shaer(tiger). I share a great relationship with AP. I had a home in Hyderabad and my aunt still lives in the city. I used to come to the city during my summer vacation. The love those bystanders gave me while shooting in old city was so genuine and I hope the rest of Andhra also shares the love and accepts me in the role" he hopes.

1 comment:

  1. It's make or break for Vivek with RC. If he can't make a comeback with this film, then i seriously don't know how he's gonna survive. let's wait and watch

    ReplyDelete