Friday, July 31, 2009

Reporter's diary: Actress fights with me for mentioning her age!!

It was one of those Sundays which I would love not to work. But I had to interview actress Vimala Raman over the phone that Sunday as she was busy shooting in Mysore.
The interview went well and I asked her about critics opinion that she looks older than the heroes she is cast with. Predictably, she was pissed off with the question. But I had to get the answer from her for tha question as many who saw her felt she looks 'OLD' .Unwillingly she replied.

I didn't ask her her age as I felt it was impolite for me to ask a woman her age. I googled up and found out that her age was 29.

I mentioned that in the interview. She called me that day. She started fighting with me over the phone for mentioning her age. She said that she is just 25.I was shocked for two reasons. One because she didn't look 25 at all, the other becasuse she didn't want her age to be put up in the interview.

I apologised for not confirming it with her and promised her to come up with an apology in the next day's edition. She agreed to it.

She called me back in five minutes and requested me not to come up with an apology. I was surprised.

She said, " I am 25. But if you come up with an apology in tomorrow's edition, everyone will come to know of my age. I think all those who didn't read the article too will get to know of it. Let us leave it here'

I wonder why actors hide things from people. I know of an actor whose name is Naveen but doesn't want it to be published. I have interviewed a music director whose name is not what he tells it is and he doesn't want it to go on print. I have been interviewing actors and have been writting about the tinsel town for quite some time now. But am still comprehending why they hide simple facts!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment