Tuesday, October 27, 2009

"I don't care about rumours anymore"


Just when everyone thought he had bid goodbye to films and found his calling in the food business, Tollywood’s original lover boy Tarun came right back. And this time, he’s sporting a brand new look to suit his glam role in V.N. Aditya’s next film where he is paired opposite Vimla Raman.Is this new avatar minus a moustache an attempt to resurrect his sagging career?
“It’s just a coincidence,” he says, adding, “I have sported a moustache in all my movies so far. I recently shaved it off and all my friends liked it. Luckily, it suits my role in this flick where I play a chilled out VJ who works for a Telugu channel abroad.”
Tarun is quick to point out that he’s not reached a dead end in his career yet. “I may not have had major hits to boast of in the recent past, but that doesn’t mean my films were box office duds. In fact, my film Sashirekha Parinayam did well,” he quips. Justifying the thanda roles he’s been doing of late, Tarun says that the success of a film depends on the script. “no matter how choosy one is, the fate of a project just can’t be predicted sometimes. When you listen to the script, it sounds alright, but the end result may not turn out that way. There are some movies which we think will do well at the box office, but they bomb. There are other films which are not expected to do all that well, but they go on to become blockbusters. It’s all part of the game,” he adds philosophically.
While he may have given us memorable hits like Nuvve Kavali and Nuvve Nuvve, variety clearly isn’t Tarun’s forte. And he blames his cliched image in T’wood to these very hits. “It’s not that I don’t want to do different roles. These are the only scripts that are coming my way and I have to choose from what I get. I didn’t consciously make an effort to work on my romantic hero tag. The roles I did in my initial films were such big hits that directors who make romcoms think of me first. The good part however, is that anyone between six and 60 can enjoy my movies, so I’m not complaining.”

Celeb blogs have been writting about Aarti Agarwal's visit to Tarun's restraunt ON and that both of them are patching up. A few other Film nagar rumour mills are spreading news that he is gone underground. Ask him howhe reacts to all these rumours about his personal life?
"I used to party a lot before. Since the past 40 days I have not been in the town and was travelling for shooting. So, I was not seen. Perhaps, this is why they wrote saying I have gone underground. They have been writting about me and Aarti for a long time. Infact I was not even in the town when these blogs wrote that Aarti met me at 'ON'. There is no truth in those rumours. We have not been in touch for quite some time. When such rumours come up, it is very irritating. Fortunately, my parents have been in the industry for long and so they know none of those rumours are true.There has never been a bad scenario at home because of the rumours. It is a part ofthe profession I am in and I don't care about rumours anymore" he reveals.


Becoming an entrepreneur and launching his own nightclub were dreams he always nurtured. Unfortunately, people read too much into it, he says, adding, “I didn’t get into business because I lacked film offers. I am proud to have my own place to chill out at.”

1 comment: