Saturday, October 3, 2009

I get bored very soon:Ram

Unlike the usual Tollywood releases surrounded by hype, Ram’s debut was a relatively silent affair. There was no fan-fare, no extravagant audio launches and no promotional gimmicks.

Yet, Ram, who stands out in the crowd of Tollywood star kids, managed to win critical acclaim with his very first film. Five films later, the young lad who is content with the response his film Ganesh has been getting, is a hit with the youngsters. But critics are not that kind and feel the actor is already stuck in a rut, with his last three films being romantic comedies.


“While Ready was a family entertainer with 40 characters, Maska is a love story. My second film Jagadam was an offbeat film and it won me much acclaim. I ensure that every role I play gives me scope to perform as an actor,” justifies Ram who is all set to play a “different” role in Dil Raju’s next film.“In Rama Rama Krishna Krishna, I am playing a lad from rural background, something I haven’t done before. I get bored fast and I would like to take up scripts that challenge me. I don’t belong to any particular camp nor do I have a Godfather here to watch my back. I attribute all my success to hard work,” says Ram.


The 21-year-old however, reveals that Telugu films were not always on his agenda. “I wanted to enter the Tamil film industry first as I’m am fluent in the language. But my uncle who is a Telugu filmmaker, insisted that I debut in a Telugu film. If things go well, I soon plan to act in Tamil movies and multilinguals,” he says.


Known for his slick dressing sense, Ram is one actor who gives his Tollywood counterparts, who are not exactly known for their sartorial sense, a run for their money. Both onscreen and off it, he has made many style statements. “I am particular about what I wear and how I look when I make public appearances. I don’t hire stylists to put my look together as I enjoy shopping for my own costumes for the movies I do. I’m also involved in all my photoshoots too,” he says.

No comments:

Post a Comment