Thursday, February 4, 2010

Shraddha Das nominated for International award!!


Shraddha Das, who has been playing second fiddle in her last few Tollywood movies, is now suddenly a name to reckon with in the international circuit. Being lauded for her riveting performance in her Bollywood debut, Lahore, Shraddha was even nominated for the best actress category at the Houston International film festival and Salento International film festival in Europe. The film, which was bought by Warner Brothers, has background score by Tollywood music director M.M. Keeravani, who is known as M.M. Kreem in Bollywood Shraddha played the role of a Pakistani girl in this film based on kickboxing and the relationship between India and Pakistan.
Directed by Sanjay Singh, it stars seasoned actors like Nafisa Ali, Farook Shaik, Aasish Vidyarthi and Sabyasachi Chakravarthy.Thrilled about the rave reviews she has been receiving, Shraddha says, “I shot for this movie about a year ago and totally forgot about it. I didn’t even know if it would release. I was completely taken aback with the response.”
The belle now has her eyes set on Bollywood. “It’s a perfect kickstart for my Hindi film career. Since my character was strong, I had a chance to showcase my acting abilities. Now that the film’s been nominated for awards, people in Bollywood have started taking me seriously,” says the actress, who hopes to visit Pakistan for the film’s preview there.

No comments:

Post a Comment