Saturday, May 23, 2009

Akash to entertain global audiences



It is common for Tollywood audience to get to see the son of a star become
a hero. Director Puri Jagannath's son Akash seem to have got into the
industry too young. Sixth standard student of Meridian School, Akash is
turning heads in Filmnagar as he has been roped in by Tollywood's cinematographer
turned director P G Vinda for his English movie ' The Lotus Pond'. The
movie is based on a story of two boarding school students from Kulu in
Himachal Pradesh who set out on an adventure to find the lotus pond.

Akash who played 'hero during childhood roles' in 'Bujjigadu', 'Chirutha'
and 'Ek Niranjan' says he wants to be a Tollywood hero after he grows up.
"I thank the director for choosing me for the film. Now I have summer
vacations and hence I am shooting. I got trained by Vinod Bala in acting
skills for a few days before Chirutha. I want to become a hero in Tollywood
in the future " he chuckles.


Akash is accompanied by his mom Lavanya Puri Jagannath on the shooting.
Ask her about her son's performance, she turns 'proud mother' and claims,
"My son was active right from when he was an infant. We want him to
finish his basic education and then let him do what he likes to. We respect
cinema a lot and will be proud if he turns an actor. I am accompanying him
for the shooting since this is a distant location shoot. But when it is in the
city, I don't go with him. He doesn't take too many takes and picks up things
really fast"


This 90 minute duration movie is currently being shot at exotic locales of
Kulu Manali and is slated to hit the screens in the second half of this year.
The film maker says he waited for two years to get Akash act in the film.


"I have got this script in the year 2001. Ever since, I have been searching for
the right location to shoot the film. We are shooting the climax at a height of
14,500 feet. I saw Akash in the film ' Chirutha' and decided to cast him in
this picture. I narrated the entire story to Puri Jagannath and he liked it. But
then, Akash was too young. So, I waited for two years for him to grow up to
suit the character" reveals P G Vinda, the director of the film.


"This cinema will appeal to audience from the metros. We will subtitle it for
regional audience. We will send it to International film festivals and I am
sure it is going to make it big. It will be a world cinema that would win the
hearts of International audience" he says.


With high hopes on the movie, is Akash going to be our own 'Darsheel
Safari'? Well the director says,
"I was looking for a young face lost in day dreaming to play the lead role.
He is tailor made for the role. He is born talented, active and positive" .
If this movie lives upto the expectations of Akash and director Vinda,
Tollywood would have produced its first and best ever International cinema
in its 77 years of history.

No comments:

Post a Comment