Tuesday, May 26, 2009

"I am genetically loaded actor" says Vikram

He is a professional photographer and an artist, can play the guitar, piano and flute effortlessly and has dabbled in playback singing. He can fight even the real life baddies with his karate and boxing skills and flaunts a six pack at 43. Most of all, he is considered one of the most successful actors down South. Meet Vikram, who was called John Kennedy before he became a box office sensation.


After he won over the AP audience with Aparichitudu, Vikram is now all set to star in Mallanna. Even before its release, the movie is making much news — its satellite rights were reportedly sold for a cool Rs 4.5 crore, breaking even Rajnikanth’s Shivaji record. Vikram, who has sung four songs and sported many avatars in this Rs 35 crore-venture, promises that this is “more than just a film”.


“The movie goes beyond the usual glitz, glamour, songs and fight sequences. It’s a socially relevant film. In fact, we set up a Mallanna foundation as part of which we adopt two villages and remodel them totally,” he says.
Rumours are rife that Vikram’s multiple roles in this flick is fashioned on the lines of Kamal Hasan’s Dasavataram. “Yes, the audience can see me in different looks, but it’s nothing like what Kamal did. It is part of the script and was not intended to break any record. If I wanted to do so, I could have done 20 roles in the movie,” Vikram quips.
While his South career is going great guns, Vikram is making more news for his role as Ravana in Maniratnam’s much awaited film. “It’s been my dream to work with Mani Ratnam. This movie will be a great hit for sure, not just for the star cast ranging from Aishwarya to Priyamani — but also for the kind of visual treatment Mani is known for,” says Vikram who also plans to direct a film in the next five years.


Talking about his love for the Telugu film industry, he says, “I will never act in a movie which doesn’t cater to the Telugu audience. In fact, I take extra care to ensure that there is always a Telugu element in my bilingual movies. Even in my next film, we didn’t just shoot in Hyderabad, but also roped in actors like Bramhanandam,” he says.
known for his histrionics, Vikram feels that acting is in his genes.

“My dad was an actor and I am genetically loaded with the acting DNA too. The same is the case with my son Dhruv, who writes scripts, tells me what to wear, which heroine to work with, how to wear my moustache and what hairstyle to sport,” says the actor who wants to reign as a superstar for the next couple of decades.


“The Big B is 60 plus and is still a superstar. I want to roles like his, and keep acting forever,” he says.

No comments:

Post a Comment