Saturday, May 23, 2009

"Keerti Reddy and I moved on" says Sumanth


Thirty year old Sumanth who is ten years old in Tollywood is keeping his fingers crossed for his upcoming movie 'Boni' after two average films lastyear .The nephew of actor Nagarjuna who has not got the taste of a box office blockbuster as yet, hopes to get one soon.
A contemporary of MaheshBabu and Junior NTR, Sumanth is not deterred about his mediocre stardom." My first four years of film career were mediocre. Ever since my movie'Satyam' was a hit, my career has been rosy and since then, most of mymovies are commercial hits. I agree that I didn't get a huge blockbuster asyet. I am not too conscious to give a blockbuster hit. But I anticipate ithappening very soon. I am successful and am happy about the way mycareer is pacing" Sumanth says.Sumanth who won the critics acclaim for flicks like Godavari says that helikes to act in movies with scripts that are innovative and 'hatke se'.
"I would like to act in flicks like Dev D rather than Gazini. But unfortunately, such scripts don't come Tollywood's way. There is a dreath ofinnovative scripts and fear of trying something new. For me a commercial success is no doubt important, but I'd rather make less profits withinnovative films than make crores with mass masala stereotypical cinemas.However, in regional markets like Tollywood, there is a hesitation to makesuch films. I usually choose to act in movies which have a balance of both" he explains.
Sumanth doesn't shy away from talking about his wrecked marriage withactress Keerti Reddy. He rules out getting married again in the near future."Keerti has moved on, is married now and has a kid. The episode is overand we are all happy. We both moved on, I am still in touch with her family members. There is no bitterness. Everything ended well. I am not going to get married for quitesome time now. The episode doesn't really effect my work" he says.Coming from a family of actors, does he take feedback from his grandpa oruncle?
"Well I used to consult them before signing projects till ' Satyam'. Now I take my decisions depending on the script. When all of us meet at home, wedon't talk about films we are working on. After our movies release, wewatch them on the screen like audience. My uncle Nagarjuna and my sister are extremely critical about my performance and their feedback is honest"
Armed with a graduation in direction and screenwritting , Sumanth aspires to be a director cum producer ten years down the line if anyone comes upwith story with a difference."I will not direct a film in the near future. I can't write a great story but I canidentify one and represent it well on the screen. So, ten years down the line Iplan to direct a film if I come across a different story. But I will be a film producer for sure.
"Sumanth gyms four times a week, parties twice and watches movies in hishome theatre everyday. An averse to travelling , he now plans to take upextensive travelling for the next two months.
"I am planning to go to South Africa for the IPL semi-finals and finals. I amalso touring US soon. Will be back in a couple of months post which I willsign up further films. I am not a bookworm , so I watch a lot of movieseveryday at home. I party in the weekends with friends" says this student of HPS. Sumanth names Mahesh, Junior NTR , Sidharth, Charan and Manoj as his T'wood buddies. He says his best buddies are however not from the industry.
Ask him about the two young actors in his family Susanth andNag's son Chaitanya, Sumanth opines,"We are yet to see how Sushanth's career shapes up. But Naga Chaitanya isextremely well prepared. Chaitanya is the son of Nagarjuna and nephew of Venkatesh. He is working with star producer Dil Raju. So the expectationsare naturally high. I have no doubts, he is going to be a great star"
Sumanth feels that for a movie to be a hit anywhere, story is the most important of all."Script is the daddy of all. Rest of the things in the movie are addedflavours. I care for the story and do films that are interest me" he signs off.

No comments:

Post a Comment