Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Reporter's diary!!!


Wonder why the actors try to hide so many things from public domain. Last night I met Tamil superstar Vikram at Taj Banjara for an interview. He is in the town for the promotion of his upcoming film 'Mallanna'. I asked him about his son Dhruv. Vikram spoke about his son for more than 10 minutes without a break. I was surprised to see him so vocal about his son. He told me about how his son is a born actor and he does plays in his school etc. He told me that his son is eight and a half years old. As I was about to note that point in my notebook, he requested me not to mention that in the interview.I was aghast. I wanted to ask him why. But he changed the topic.(He probabaly didn't want to let people know that he is 43 years old).


Today I met Happydays fame Varun Sandesh in his Banjarahills flat. He was cool and spoke to me about so many things. His education in US, his friends in Tollywood, his projects, his liking for vediogames etc.I asked him about celeb blogs working hard to prove his relationship with his co-stars. Varun said " They linked me to Mumaith Khan, Vimala Raman, Neha Sharma etc. I take it easy as it is the part of the game. I am not seeing anyone right now". I am a reporter and was happy i got a good statement from him.I bid bye to him and headed back to office. Even before I could cross his lane, he called me and asked me not to mention the name of the actors in the news paper. He told me his dad doesn't like it.

Both Vikram and Varun were well behaved and decent though.


Wonder why stars are dichotomous. If they don't want me to write things in the newspaper, why do they talk about it? Do they want me to publish it so that they could create a scene? I feel actors need to be groomed in giving interviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment