Friday, December 18, 2009

"Marriage has not affected my career" says Bhumika


In Tollywood, which is a hallmark for hero worship, Bhumika Chawla has managed to bag quite a number of 'female oriented roles' and movies that have stories revolving around her charecter. From 'Missama' to 'Anasuya' and now Amaravati, she is perhaps the only actress in the industry who manages to bag roles in heroine oriented films. While she considers herself lucky to have got such roles, Bhumika claims that the attitude of heroes is also changing and there is a growing acceptance among them to act in heroine oriented movies.
"Its just destiny and I am happy to get to act in movies with the story revolving around my charecter.There is now growing acceptance among heroes towards such films. It will take some more time for it that reluctance to fade completely" says Chawla who is busy shooting for another female oriented movie 'Kotha Bandham' and five other movies in her kitty. The actress who has been doing about two films an year in Telugu claims that it is just coincidence that she is acting in so many films all of a sudden.
"I am now doing about five films in Telugu, Tamil and Hindi. It is not a concious deciscion to act in so many films at the same time. It is just that all the things happened at the same time and we are shooting for them" the actress says who is eagerly awaiting the release of 'Naam' in Hindi where she starred with Ajay Devagan. Bhumika who created buzz in Bollywood with her blockbuster 'Tere Naam' with Salman hasn't had a similar hit in North ever since.
While she says she didn't get too many exciting roles from Mumbai ever since, she vows never to leave Tollywood for any other industry."I did seven films in Hindi after Tere Naam. Most of them didn't click much may be also because the media judges the movie pre release. I didn't get too many exciting roles there and a few contracts didn't work out too. You don't get superhits every day. I have no regrets. As long as I act, I will continue doing films in Tollywood.I am living out of Mumbai and Hyderabad. I won't treat Tollywood audience like stepping stones and move on. Tollywood audience loved me and I will never stop acting in Telugu" claims Chawla who is one of the few actresses in the industry with fan base at par with heroes.
Bhumika claims that her choice of 'non-exposing' roles as an actress pre-marriage has helped her continue her acting career even after the marriage. She also continues to give tough fight for younger actresses in the industry and attributes 'live life for today and calm' attitude to her looks.
"Marriage is not a hinderance to my acting career. My husband Bharat Thakur never interferes in my work. When I have to take a deciscion, I discuss it with him and I take the final deciscion.He has been very supportive.I don't think marraige makes a difference in acting career these days. Kajol and Juhi continue to act even today. I don't have a problem because I have not done roles which need revealing clothes or exposing.So, my marriage hasn't affected my choice of roles and films"she declares.Infact she plays a perfect wife to her husband and supports him in his every venture.
Though her husband's 'Mayanagar' magazine closed its operations recently, she says she is still proud of him."My husband is spiritual yoga guru and a businessman. He started the newspaper and it didn't do well. Sometimes in life, things work out really well and a few don't. I am still proud of him and I as a wife support him in whatever he does" she says in the garb of a wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment