Monday, December 21, 2009

RGV supports United Andhra Pradesh!!


Filmmaker Ramgopal Varma has pledged his support to the Vijayawada MP, Mr Lagadapati Rajgopal, who is agitating for a united Andhra Pradesh. Varma, wrote in his blog http://rgvzoomin.com/ that Mr Rajgopal was his junior in Sidhartha College in Vijayawada and that he was a sincere student leader who always helped his fellow students.
Varma said that he and his friends used to help and shield Mr Rajagopal whenever there were fights among student groups.
“After college I lost touch with him as I moved into the Mumbai film industry and except occasionally bumping into him at some function I never really met him. But today when I see him on TV in the eye of the political storm raging across Andhra Pradesh in the context of the Samaikhyandhra movement, I see exactly the same Rajgopal who I used to move around with 25 years ago,” Varma has written in his blog.
The ace director also narrated a few incidents about their college days which showed Mr Rajagopal as a leader. He claimed that though he doesn’t know anything about the current unrest in the state, he believes in a united Andhra Pradesh because Mr Rajgopal believes in it.
“I am neither into politics nor do I have any understanding of what the Samaikhya Andhra or the Telangana movement is really all about, but one thing Iwant to say now for sure is that if Rajgopal believes that Samaikhyandhra is good for Andhra Pradesh then I also believe in it because I believe in his sincerity and capability which I witnessed firsthand and I believe there can be no better sincere leader than Rajgopal.”

No comments:

Post a Comment