Friday, December 18, 2009

" My body is a temple and I worship it "


Tollywood's favourite bubbly girl Genelia D'Souza has raised quite a few eyebrows with her latest film 'Katha', an intense supense thriller inwhich she played the role of a 'traumatised girl'. Genny who is known for her bubbly girl image claims that she is proud to have acted in this film and admits that she had to come out of her 'comfort zone' to play this role.


"I was initally scared to play this role as it had so many emotions in this film. I play the role of a traumatised girl who lost her parents.I had to behave like pyschological ill patient and it had me in a charecter never seen before. I have been getting rave reviews for my performance on twitter too. Actors can't get such roles even if they plead and beg for it. I am fortunate to have bagged this role and I am proud that I did this charecter" Genny says.


Infact, she shared the screen space with a debutant actor Arun in this film who plays the hero.While most actresses in the industry are particular about whom they are going to be cast with and throw starry tantrums, Genelia says its nice that she still suits well when being paired with freshers.
"I have done movies with senior actors. For me story matters the most. It doesn't matter whom I am being cast with as long as the script is strong and I have a full length role to play.Its infact a compliment to be able to pair well with any actor and that I suit " says Genelia who is acting with Ram Charan Teja in her next movie.While her Tollywood fanbase and acting career is intact, she is also doing well for herself in Bollywood. Genelia is keeping her fingers crossed for 'Chance Pe dance' with Shahid Kapoor. Though the actress didn't have a major hit to her credit in North after her 'Aditi' role in Jane Tu, she says she is fine with it as long as she doesn't vanish completely from the industry.


"Charecters and hits like 'Adithi' in 'Jane Tu ' and Hasini in Bommarillu don't come often. Getting that kind of success always is impossible. My movies are doing farely well and as long as I don't collapse completely and people hate me, I am fine with the way my career is going now.For now, I am eagerly awaiting the release of Chance Pe Dance and people loved our pairing where I play the role of a woman behind a successful man." she explains.

For an industry where the on screen life span of actresses is not more than three years, Genelia has consolidated her position as one of the most sought after actress since the past 5 years.

The secret she claims is "Girls need to look glamorous in the movies. But I don't over do it andI don't do roles that have vulgarity in it. Body is a temple and I believein worshipping it. People come to theatres to watch actors and they should be able to relate to the actor. More so female audience want to be like the heroine. I strike the right balance between glamour, fashion and reality which is why I could sustain for five years and am still getting the best roles" she says the actor who attributes eight hours sleep, enough food and ever lasting smile to her young look.

No comments:

Post a Comment