Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Amitabh doesn't doubt my abilities: RGV




Ram Gopal Varma is always in news for all the wrong reasons. And the controversy-courting director doesn’t seem to want it any other way. From supporting Lagadapati Rajgopal openly in his united AP stance to inviting trouble by paraphrasing the anthem Jana Gana Mana in his upcoming flick, Rann, RGV is ruffling feathers all the time. And now he is all set to “expose” the media world with his latest release.






Ask him about his love for creating a new controversy even before the old one fades out from public memory, and the director says quite nonchalantly, “I just speak frankly. I am interested in topics that are relevant, hard hitting and which are in news. I also like talking about public figures who are larger than life. It is natural, that people perceive things about me the way they do.”
The director however, insists that these are not publicity stunts to promote his films. “What I say doesn’t affect my movies. The media always exposes things in the society and my movie just aims to expose the media. That doesn’t mean my film portrays the media in a negative light, it just talks about the psychology of people who run news channels, their pressures, targets, compulsions and vulnerability. If we make a film on the corrupt police, it doesn’t mean everyone in the department is corrupt,” he says.






Despite being part of box office disasters like Ram Gopal Varma Ki Aag, directed by RGV, Amitabh Bachchan is one actor who continues to work with the maverick director. RGV admits that apart from Sarkar, all the movies he did with Big B were flops. But he claims the super star “understands” him. “Amitabh Bachchan doesn’t doubt my abilities. I may have had flops, but Big B trusts me and he knows that many factors have affected the fate of my films. And that’s the reason he continues to work with me. He is an extraordinary actor and is apt for portraying the realistic characters in my movies. He is in fact, tailor made for most of my roles,” adds the director.






RGV is much in news, even in the city, for his film Raktha Charitra, which is based on the life of politician Paritala Ravi. He says, “I wasn’t present here when the whole Paritala Ravi issue happened. Both the sides give their own versions and there is no ‘concrete truth’ that is agreed upon by everyone. I just talked to the various people involved and arrived at my own interpretation.”

No comments:

Post a Comment