Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Telugu film industry is too hero-dominated: Reema Sen


Reema sen is one actress who has managed to hold her fan base in Telugu despite not acting in a full fledged role in the industry for years.Sen who delivered huge box office hits like 'Chitram' and 'Manasantha Nuvve' years ago, is making a killer come back in Tollywood with 'Yuganiki Okkadu', the bilingual film with Surya's brother Karthi.



Reema who refuses to accept that she 'avoided' Tollywood for long says her Tamil and Hindi projects kept her busy.
"I made my debut into films from Telugu film industry. I love working in this industry more so since I have had decent hits here and people remember my movies even today.But since my Tamil movies were lined up and they clicked, I was busy in Tamil industry. Besides, I gave two and a half years for my upcoming movie 'Yuganiki Okkadu'. Now that it is ready for release here, I am ready to act in Telugu projects if a good script comes by. It is not the language, but the unit, cast and crew besides the script which matter to me " Sen quips.' Ayirathil Oruvan', the Tamil version of this upcoming Telugu potboiler which already released in Tamilnadu is touted to be one of the 'best fantasy movies made in the history of Indian cinema' aka 'Gladiator' and '300' and Reema's role is considered 'path-breaking for any actress'.
Reema claims she is 'blessed' to have got to play such a charecter even after so many years of being in the limelight. "It is true that the onscreen life span of actresses is very short. I am truely blessed to have got to play such a landmark charecter in a film that is well acclaimed even after being an actress for a decade now.I have given my best performance ever in this movie and am still in its hangover.I was obsessed with this film. This film has put me on a different league in terms of acting" she says.
Does her critically acclaimed performance mean she will stay away from running around trees now?
" I will continue to do commercial cinema. Movies like Yuganiki Okkadu don't come every day and so I won't live under the illusion" Despite not being seen in full fledged roles, Sen appeared in special appearances in 'Anji' in Telugu. The actress who confesses that she will not accept anymore 'cameo' appearances observes 'hero-worship' as a principle differnce between the audience in Tollywood and Tamil industry. "There is a difference in the tastes of the audience in Telugu and Tamil. Since I worked in both these industries, I can say that Tollywood is a little more commercial and the scripts here are more hero-centric than in Tamil. In Tamil, there is a greater scope for heroine-centric movies and neutral films.Recently 'Arundhati' broke the shackles in Tollywood" she observes.
Reema who claims to be 'excited' on her movie being released in Telugu too says she is keen on knowing the public response for this film which is her release in T'wood after years."I go by the verdict of the audience.I can't understand why a few actors say that they make films for their satisifaction. Movies are made for the audience and they are the ultimate judges.I am keenly waiting for the response from Telugu audience" she signs off.

1 comment:


  1. BookMyShow offers! If you are looking for discounts or offers for movietickets, go to Tracedeals directly. There are many offers and movie theatres get your coupons and offers at Tracedeals. Download the application or take out your PC and Go through Tracedeals.in.
    bookmyshow offers
    bookmyshow today offers
    Bookmyshow Hyderabad
    Bookmyshow Coupons
    Paytm Movie offers03

    ReplyDelete