Friday, January 29, 2010

Mumait turns singer for Puri's film


Tollywood’s favourite item girl Mumait Khan has donned a whole new avatar — that of a singer. She provided the vocals for the Puri Jagannath directed Telugu film Golimaar, which has Gopichand and actor Priyamani in the lead.
Mumait, who is excited about her new role as a singer claims that it all happened suddenly. “I keep crooning at home and constantly listen to western music. When Puri Jagannath insisted that my voice be recorded and that I sing for the film, I readily agreed. I got the lyrics and practised for a few hours. The recording was on the very next day and we wrapped it up in three hours.” says the actress. The song, which is touted to be a proper ‘mass number,’ is picturised on Priyamani.
Mumait, who seems to have taken to the new tag of a singer easily, admits she is ready to sing for more films, but only if they are meant to enthrall the ‘masses.’ Says the diva, “My voice doesn’t suit duets. If there is a ‘mass song’ that will be shot in pubs or an item number, I would love to lend my voice to them.”
Speaking about the song from Golimaar, which is slated to hit screens in April, she adds, “I like the song and it has come out well.” Mumait, who is the reigning “item” queen in Tollywood, with hits like Bangaru Kodi Petta from Magadheera and Naa Peru Meena Kumari from Mallanna to her credit is now busy working on a few Tamil projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment