Sunday, January 17, 2010

"I am known for rejecting film offers"


While every other star claims that success just came their way, Tollywood’s favourite lover boy Siddharth is not afraid to admit that his good fortune at the box office is the result of carefully crafted strategy. In fact, after his critically acclaimed performance in Rang De Basanti, the actor became notorious in Bollywood for his script-rejecting spree. But a nonchalant Siddharth says he has a plan up his sleeve to cement his position in the Hindi film industry too.
“I’m known for turning down scripts in Mumbai, but I’m alright with this image. I want to do a film only if I am 100 per cent sure of it and I’m convinced about the script. I put myself in the audiences’ shoes and take a decision. After Rang De Basanti, where my performance was appreciated, I was waiting for the right movie to showcase my ability as a lead hero. I have been extra careful while picking scripts and I will only do films I believe in, no matter how long my absence from the silver screen is,” says Siddharth, who is excited about his upcoming Bollywood release, Striker, which he feels is one of his best performances ever.
Striker is the story of a carrom player who is born in the slums of Mumbai. This movie is all about his dreams, his love, success and the human spirit. I have worked extra hard for this feel good film,” says the actor, singer and screenplay writer who was once an assistant director to Mani Ratnam.Ask him what he enjoys doing the most and Siddharth says,
“Anything remotely associated with cinema is my passion. Even after I completed my MBA, I never took up a regular job as I was averse to the 9-5 routine. I never wanted to crib about going to work. I don’t need an alarm to wake up now as I love my work. Be it singing, acting or directing, all these prospects excite me equally,” says Siddharth.
While the actor may be treading cautiously in Bollywood, down South, he is on a roll. Siddharth who has had two releases in Tollywood last year is currently working on a project with Sruthi Hassan. “I will always maintain a balance between Hindi and Telugu movies. The Tollywood audiences have supported me all through my career and have given me my biggest hits and I will always work in in the Telugu film industry,” says Siddarth.

No comments:

Post a Comment