Sunday, January 10, 2010

Surya's brother Karthi enters Telugu film industry!!!















He comes from a family of actors. His father is Tamilnadu's noted actor and his brother is South India's superstar. Tamil superstar Surya's brother Karthi who is debuting in Telugu film industry with 'Yuganiki Okkadu' a bilingual which is releasing as 'Ayirathil Oruvan' in Tamil, says this movie is one of the best in his careers and will be a perfect kick start for his introduction to the Telugu audience.
"My dad always says that every actor will have only three or four great films in his career. My first film Paruthiveeran in Tamil was one such film. I can say with confidence that this Yuganiki Okkadu is similar movie with fantasy adventure genre.Its a new experience to the Telugu audience.A lot of research went into the film and I worked for more than two years now on this film. I can say with confidence that this film will be remembered forever and people will love me more than before after this hits the screens" Karthi says.

Two films old Karthi who delivered an award winning performance in his debut 'Paruthiveeran' says he loves Telugu language and is waiting for the dubbed version of that movie to be released here soon.
"I have learnt Carnatic music and most of the keertanas are in Telugu.I listen to Telugu film songs too very regularly. I loved the language since my childhood. Mahesh Babu, Allu Arjun, Vishnu are my friends since childhood and most of the Telugu actors used to stay in T-nagar in Chennai where we stay and so I am familiar with the language.I used to watch Telugu movies in Chennai on the first day" Karthi recalls.
The actor says that it is a 'pleasure' to be introduced to people as Surya's brother and that his brother is an inspiration to him and not competitor.
"People here relate to me easily as they already know my father and brother. I have grown up being introduced as the son of Sivakumar and brother of Surya. and it is pleasant to see people talking to me as if they already know me" he claims.
"Every actor has an image in the minds of the audience. My brother has his own market and fan base. When a director enters home, he comes with a clear deciscion on whom to cast and hence there is no problem. My brother has done variety of roles and proved himself. He has a huge film history. We both have different images and hence there is no competition between us at all. We certainly discuss cinema at home and help each other with research on charecters, suggestions and ideas."adds Karthi.
Is his entry into Tollywood an attempt to expand his market just like his brother?
"When we started shooting for this movie, we decided that it will be a bilingual.It is always good to expand the audience base.The best part about Telugu audience is they are people who appreciate good cinema. Films that are hits in Chennai are superhits when released here.I feel cinema doesnt have language and I don't mind doing a Telugu movie provided directors are ready to teach me the language." he laughs.

This 32 year old who was also the assistant director to Maniratnam for 'Yuva', says for now he has no plans to direct a film. "Film making as a process is amazing. But in South India, director needs to be a writer too.Direction is a huge responsibility and I am not ready for it right now."

No comments:

Post a Comment