Tuesday, September 15, 2009

"Dad doesn't interfere in my work" says Shruti Hassan

All set to give her father Kamal Haasan a run for his money when it comes to versatility, actor, model and singer Shruti Hassan is all set to turn music director for his film Eenadu. The 23-year-old, who started singing at the age of six, says she enjoys juggling her many roles.

“We have one life and I’ve got to make the most of it. I love dancing, painting, writing and in fact, anything that is creative and out of the box. At home, we don’t make a conscious effort to be something. Everyone in the family makes a personal and silent journey towards learning. Performance is my priority, be it singing or acting,” says the focused diva.



Her Bollywood debut, Luck may have been a debacle, but Shruti is far from discouraged. “I have learnt to give my 100 per cent to whatever I am doing. I liked the movie, the story and the concept. It might not have done well, but I still stand by the film. All of us did our best. I don’t feel ashamed of my work. Movie making is almost like being experimental with food, it might go right or wrong. Art is not about being successful, it’s about being creative. Finally, we don’t have control over the box office collections or the reviews. None the less, Luck has taught me a lot,” says the highly individualistic and spunky actress who is in no rush to sign films.
“I do like running around trees and dancing, but now the audience has become intelligent. We can’t take them for granted and movies have to be sensible. I have my music to keep me busy always, so I’m not desperate to do films,” says Shruti.The actress who is visiting Hyderabad after two years says she finds the city “awesome”.
Ask her if she plans to do movies here and she says, “I did go through a few scripts but nothing has interested me so far. For now, my first venture in the South Indian film industry is only as a music director.”
Shruti claims that her dad never interferes in her work. “Dad has never been a star at home. We discuss films, but he is not too big on advice. We do think on the same wavelength. When he told me about the album, he was very clear about what he wants. It made things easy for me,” she says. Interestingly, Eenadu is more of a family affair for her — Shruti’s younger sister Akshara has choreographed for the film, Gautami did the dubbing and Subbalakshmi, Gautami’s daughter has recorded a track for it.
“Dad and I discussed the possibility of coming up with a video album for the film. And since dad is producing, he funded the album. I came up with the concept in three days and the album was recorded in one-and-a-half days. And everyone in the family participated in this film,” says Shruti.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, it's a great blog.
    I could tell how much efforts you've taken on it.
    Keep doing!

    ReplyDelete