Tuesday, September 15, 2009

"Sequels are boring" says Rahul Bose

The unconventional star of Bollywood who is considered “the thinking person’s actor”, Rahul Bose slips into the many roles he plays with much ease. In the city as part of the of giving India Week, says juggling all his passions is no “big deal”.


“I don’t waste time chatting, gossiping, watching movies, holding hands and going on long walks. If I have a strong feeling to do something I love, I can easily make time for it,” says Bose who is receiving rave reviews for his performance in Santosh Shivan’s Before the Rains. However, not all is going well with the film’s promotional campaigns. “Before the Rains was portrayed as a love story abroad and also by the Indian distributor. There was no trace of me in the promos even though I play a lead character. I think our actors should have ‘image rights clause’ in India like international actors have,” says Bose.



Often lauded as the “superstar of Indian art house cinema”, Rahul reveals that though he enjoyed doing commercial flicks like Maan Gaye Mughal-e-Azam, it’s out-of-the-box films that he prefers. “The mainstream films that I have done were disasters. Only art movies make me happy,” says Rahul who has refused to act in the sequels to Jhankar Beats and Pyaar Ke Side Effect as he finds sequels “boring”.



“It is like trying to revive a party after everyone has gone home,” he quips.This actor whose second directorial venture Moth Smoke is now on hold, says,

“Due to recession, I had to postpone my project. I hope to release it next year.”Even as his filmy plans keep him busy, Rahul always has multiple things on his plate. “I dedicate 80 per cent of myself to acting, 15 per cent to social work and 5 per cent to sports,” says this member of the Indian International Rugby team who plans to take a break from rugby.


“I have broken my nose and want to retire from the Indian team. After recovering from my surgery, I’ll get back to playing international rugby.”

No comments:

Post a Comment