Wednesday, September 23, 2009

My mom is the best teacher: Karthika

In an industry filled with star sons, Karthika is one star daughter who stands out with her quiet confidence. Daughter of yesteryear actress Radha, Karthika made an impressive debut in Josh opposite Nagarjuna’s son Naga chaitanya.


This spunky teenager says she couldn’t have asked for a better launch pad, adding, “I am content with all the rave reviews that came my way.” Already being touted as the next Genelia of the industry, Karthika says,

“I’m excited with the response I’ve got, but most of all I am thrilled about being compared to Genelia, who is a big star. That said, I want I carve my own identity. I don’t want to do the same bubbly roles always.” Offers have been pouring in, but Karthika is biding her time. Acting wasn’t her natural choice of career and she prefers to wait and watch, she says.


“My mom who was a part of the industry for 20 years always talked about the hardships of being an actor. She kept me away from movies, though I was offered many roles as a child artiste. She insisted that I should concentrate on my studies as the onscreen life-span of actresses is very short now, thanks to the fierce competition. My mom wanted me to have a plan B in place too,” adds Karthika, whose debut in Tollywood was like a “whirlwind ride”.


“Nothing was pre-planned, it all happened suddenly. After I completed my Class X, the makers of Josh approached me with the script. Only after my mom approved of it did I give my nod,” says this mama’s girl whose mom takes the “final call on every decision” she makes.

Currently pursuing a course in business and hotel management, the teenager says, “I can’t depend on films alone. my parents allowed me to act only because I topped in all my subjects. If my film career doesn’t work, I’m getting ready to take over my dad’s business.”When it comes to acting however, Karthika never had any formal training.
“My mom is my best teacher. She didn’t teach me how to act, she taught me how to keep it natural. I was never nervous since everyone took good care of me on the sets. And the fact that I’m the daughter of an actress surely helped,” she quips.

No comments:

Post a Comment